Gestational carriers are healthy, enjoy being pregnant, want to help others and have a good support system.
Apply if you want to:
- get to meet the parents in person before you make the match official
- have monthly meet ups with other gestational carriers
- have a dedicated contact person (who happens to also be a women’s health nurse practitioner) to see you from start to finish
- only transfer one embryo at a time. Forward Fertility works with IVF clinics that have very good success rates, so most clients are prepared to transfer one embryo at a time. The chance to carry twins is also possible, if you’re looking for that experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Good physical and mental health
- Living in a stable environment, including financial stability
- 21 to 40 years old, though some clinics work with women up to age 45
- Being a parent to your own child or children
- Previous healthy pregnancies of your own
- No more than two previous C-sections
- No more than five previous deliveries
- Willing to take medications (oral, patches, vaginal and/or injections) for several weeks
- Non smoker and NO exposure to second-hand smoke
- Must abstain from alcohol, drugs, and make lifestyle modifications as requested
- Having a healthy body mass index (BMI), ideally less than 30 and a maximum of 32
In addition if you are in a relationship, your partner must be supportive of your decision, willing and able to complete infectious disease testing and psychological assessments, and sign legal contracts.
For answers to common questions about being a gestational carrier, visit Forward Fertility’s FAQ page.